Monday 8 November 2021

The Changing Climate


The Changing Climate


Getting up after a wonderful sleep,
turning my calendar’s nostalgic leaf,
lifting the blinds of my glowing windows,

enthralled, at the sight of a singing sparrow.

Amazed and spellbound, I run outside,
fascinated by the heavenly roadside,
flying flowers capture my eyes,
suspecting pearls and diamonds, to have disguised.

Something stone cold hits my hind,
I turn back to analyze,
startled and nonplussed, I stand,
upon discovering a white barren land.

Above, I see a dark blue space,
below, dull frozen snowflakes,
people are caught in their homes,
everything looks so serene and cold.

Drops of water tap my right wrist,
bewildered, I turn and twist,
dumbstruck I stand again,
upon the disappearance of the white surface.

A cool mist surrounded me,
people were moving hither and thither,
the fragrance of the soil caught me bewitching,
the dense clouds and fog held me twitching.

Roar of the waves touched my ears,
perplexed, I made an about turn,
the temperature was so different,
the rocks were so incandescent.

People relishing the waves with a smile,
little ones playing sand with delight,
sunrays being quite enchanting,
the breeze being fairly appealing.

Not believing on what just happened,
though it made me captivated,
and gave me immense pleasure,
upon undergoing the four flavors of our mother nature.

Why are we hell bound to destroy this eternal beauty,
why are we just neglecting our duty?
there already exist an ecological imbalance,
if continued, human existence would be questioned.

Come on, let’s make a promise to ourselves,
to protect our nature with the best of our efforts,
the call is in our own hands,

to exist or to face a fatal end.

The Changing Climate


PS: Thank You for taking time to read my poem. Please like, follow, subscribe and share :) Do not hesitate to comment your views below. Also see my other poems listed under "Popular Posts" in right side !

9 comments:

  1. Mesmerized! It really felt as if I was driven into the eternal beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written. Each poem is more mature. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, you have got great skills !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! One more amazing work from you. Your writings make people realize what they are missing. You should write more often

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely written, well articulated on Mother Nature

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not just poetic, but socially responsible. Thanks for awakening minds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindblasting...really loved the flow and the message

    ReplyDelete