Friday 14 May 2021

The Voice Of A Tigress


Muskaan Khadloya - Voice of a Tigress

Hello! Meet me, I am a tigress,
my home and livelihood, being the forest,
deep inside a cave, I lay,

where, with my lovely family, I stay.

Great elation and bliss, it gives,
on seeing the smile on my children’s lips,
but then, I’m filled with glum,
on parting them for my regular hunt.


Roaming around the trees, one day,
seeking some meat on my way,
alas! I got trapped by some men,
helpless and defenceless, I lay fallen.


I was put beneath the bars,
selfish admirers going my past,
with deep morose and tears, I stand,
infuriated, for my freedom being banned.


What would’ve happened to my kin,
who love and care so much for me,
the thought of this forlorn,
makes my blood run cold and bold.


One day, I was fast asleep,
I woke up with a sudden retreat,
I was thrusted inside a ruthless bag,
roaring and wrestling as best as I can.


I was being dragged into nowhere,
Extreme ache and agony I bear,
“will animal cruelty and poaching ever end”?
And the next moment, I was shot dead.



Muskaan Khadloya - Voice of a Tigress


PS: Thanks for taking time to read my poem. Please like, comment, follow, subscribe and share :) Do not forget to check out my other poems listed under "Popular Posts" in right side. Keep visiting my blog for new poems, see you back soon !

18 comments: