Sunday 22 November 2020

Aging


Aging

Walking to home, one evening,
strolling and sauntering along the road,
gazing the sights which passes by,

applauding the foliage which nature showed.

A strange thing catches my eyes,
something bizarre lay ahead,
curious to know what it is,
I turn and walk left instead.


A kind of machine it looks like,
some numbers impressed on it,
completely unknown about its operation,
I simply spin it and stare at the swivelling stick.


A foggy smoke surrounds me,
not having a faintest idea of what was happening,
houses and people seem to have changed a bit,
not knowing whether I was just imagining.


Perplexed, I head towards my home,
on opening the door, I stand astound,
my grandpa looks so young and cool,
strangeness and queerness floating all around.


Thunderstruck I stand,
when I see the younger version of my own self,
crawling and frolicking, I witness myself as,
a gloomy elation occupies the real me’s cells.


Excitement and contentment taking its peak,
I walk forward, longing to hug myself,
but as I lay my hands ahead,
down on the floor, I lay, fallen.


Observing the room, I sit still,
neither the baby nor the strange machine I can see,
the only thing I can behold,
is my sister sleeping right next to me!


It was indeed a lovely dream,
yearning to witness it someday,
but from the deepest core of my heart,
I know impossibility blocks the way.


Time machine has no existence,
it is just a fantasy,
never can people go back in time,
and once again live their childhood with ecstasy.


No being is immortal,
aging is an inevitable process,
It’s not about being old or young,

It’s about relishing the years which life blesses. 

Aging



PS: If you liked this poem, I'm sure you will also like my other poems also listed under "Popular Posts" in right side. Keep visiting my blog for new poems, see you back soon !

16 comments:

  1. Amazing metaphor. You have an excellent talent, your words have deep meanings. Keep writing, expressing your thoughts and touching our souls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true,very good words used to write this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and very nice!!

    Not sure whether there is a device called Time Machine. But think on why our forefathers called Time as 'Kala chakra'. Your way is blocked by the scientific impossibilty. Check on the spiritual possibility 😉😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. There isn't any "Time Machine" now, but don't know what may happen in the future;);)..Yeah, spiritually, everything is possible..;)

      Delete
  4. Magnificent....Beautifully penned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The comparison and flow is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete