Saturday 20 February 2021

Voice of "The Poor"


Voice of The Poor - Muskaan Khadloya

I open my eyes before the sunrise,
awakening for another day of hopelessness,
when will there be a cease to my bleak days,
will I ever come out of homelessness?

I head for my so- called “work”,
where I get nothing, but oppression in return,
treated with injustice and cruelty, I whine,
but suppressed is my voice, against the tormentor.

Carrying a dejected gloomy face,
I walk towards my crooked house,
“when will I go to school?” asks my daughter,
“when will I have new clothes?” says my spouse.

Not a word comes out of my mouth,
what shall I ever say to them,
I slide away from there, brooding,
on whether will this ever come to an end.

When will I see the silver lining,
when will my agony break completely,
my long for a smile is still unfulfilled,
humanity is not eradicated entirely.

Please, make efforts to uplift our status,
let us at least have a proper bread,
unrecognized, with a fake smile, I move,
starving and hungry, towards my bed.

Voice of The Poor - Muskaan Khadloya


PS: Thanks for your time. You know what to do next - comment, like, share, spread the word :) Do not forget to check my other poems listed on the right side menu of this page :)

7 comments:

  1. Not only you are able to put ur thoughts into writing but also others. Very observant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more gem from your stable.

    Yes, everyone should help everyone else, specially those who are in dire need of help. Helping others is not just good for those receiving help, but also good for those who provide help as the joy in making a difference is immeasurable !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, everyone should help everyone else so that Earth can become a better place than ever:)

      Delete
  3. Beautifully penned...A little help with a little smile gives meaning to human life.As u r name suggest that u smile hamesha..give help hamesha to those r in need...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humanity is at it's end. That is what I feel all the time.

    ReplyDelete