Saturday 30 May 2020

The Deceptive Appearance


Deceptive Appearance: Scenic View

I was on a vacation,
speeding along the road,
admiring the beauty outside,
while staying on board.

Beautiful scenery lay ahead,
waiting for visitors to gaze,
and I sit still in my car,
gathering the feel of craze.

Blimey! My eyes witness a sudden appearance,
an old shattered house emerges out of the fog,
blocking the exotic greenery ahead,
annoyed I sit, shunning the cause.

Alas! Our car broke down,
puncture or some kind of fault,
we stand aside, shivering
attracted by the old house, I stay caught.

Driven by eagerness and exploration,
I walk and peep in the house beside,
struck by regret I stand,
upon witnessing what lay inside.

Old poor people working hard in the dark,
making garlands of various bright colours,
inhuman working conditions surrounding them,
but still, stay determined to spread joy in others.

I stand still at the sight,
staring at the mighty heroes,
remembering just one thing:

“Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover”.

Deceptive Appearance: Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover



 
PS: Thanks for taking time to read my poem. Please like, comment, follow, subscribe and share :) Do not forget to check out my other poems listed under "Popular Posts" in right side. Keep visiting my blog for new poems, see you back soon !

16 comments: